The Unfortunate Implications of the Mattelpost, Buggers apologies,!

I owe it to myself to clarify things,

Hmmmm, looking at my post in the thread of fallschirmjägers is very confusing, I just popped in without reading the background, stumbled across the Tickle-Me-Hitler post and got this image of a MATTEL series of the wartime leaders. This was a bit unfortunate (Jochen, seriously, "Rat**** Roosevelt", come on...)

Honestly, I was way out of line, getting carried away, actually now in the light of things, I´m feeling a bit ashamed. Thinking more in terms of satire pointed towards the toyindustry commercial, rereading it makes it look like a political statement of a very ultrarightwing suspect nature, to make things clear, before anyone has a go at me for this: I do believe that ww2 was as close to a fight between good (Yes that´s the allies) against evil (Yes the Nazis) that you can get (if those terms can correspond to something as horrible as war). I did not intend to make fun of either Roosevelt or Churchill for their wareffort (FRanco and Stalin on the other hand can have it, though i know the Russians actually won the war I don´t se Stalinism as a much nicer thing than Nazism, they are both all time lows of human history). And if "Rat**** Roosevelt" is a way of Jochen to applaud my post for it´s unfortunate political implications I feel sorry for him, and if he didn´t mean it like that lets just leave it there,(and I still think tickle-me-Hitler is kinda funny, and maybe a the series of wartime leaders too, in a Southpark Kind of Way). Needless to say I am really glad that the Third Reich was never forfilled. In short don´t read in politics in my MATTEL post. It simply is NO political statement. So don´t use it as such!!! (not that anyone has yet).

Sorry for posting without thinking (as I have this time around). And no Jochen I´m not accusing you of anything, just clearifying my own standpoint!

Well said... and ditto for my comment as well...

It's just that certain people have taken past posts of mine far too seriously and have hit back at me,,, and my Grandfather in particular... As he was in the 8th SS Kavallerie Division "Florian Geyer"

Based on this they called me a NAZI for defending my Grandfather... DAAAA Go figure

Ya Herr Barbara! Ha!

Has a nice ring to it...

In all seriousness though I agree with you and with tke your advice...

CHEERS!

------------------

Quote.

If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no planes at all it's the Luftwaffe." ---German soldier on the Western Front, 1944.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bugger Stein:

I owe it to myself to clarify things,

Hmmmm, looking at my post in the thread of fallschirmjägers is very confusing, I just popped in without reading the background, stumbled across the Tickle-Me-Hitler post and got this image of a MATTEL series of the wartime leaders. This was a bit unfortunate (Jochen, seriously, "Rat**** Roosevelt", come on...)

Honestly, I was way out of line, getting carried away, actually now in the light of things, I´m feeling a bit ashamed. [snip]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, lighten up. I riffed on something funny that Fionn said, and you took it from there (I've got a better idea for a Roosevelt doll; you wind him up and he tries to stack the Supreme Court against you). Anyone who's rational can see that it was all in fun. Don't worry about what anyone irrational thinks.

-- Mike Zeares (19 Echo)