Sherbrooke Fusiliers - WOW!

I got my copy last week and have been averaging a scenario every two nights. Boy I need more sleep (don't tell my boss). I just had to say that last night I played the Sherbrooke Fusilier's scenario from the Canadian side and it was just great. Whoever designed it, you timed the

**spoilers**

reinforcements just at the right time. I knew that reinforcements would come, of course, given the number of turns in the battle, but it was a near thing. On my right flank I managed to bog down the German attack with a timely barrage that stopped their infantry from getting past the chokepoint. After they knocked out all my antitank arty I thought they would have rule the field but my canucks took out three Stugs and lots of HTs. Still they were pressing and my men were getting all torn up. The Germans called in a barrage to erase what was left (80% casualties it looked like). I have to say I was a bit pitiless in how I used them. Each PIAT team accounted for 2-3 HTs.

Just as my left flank collapsed and their armour started rolling in on my lines... REINFORCEMENTS. The sight of those dozen Shermans, Churchills and the odd Fireflies almost made me cry. Well, I lined up all those tanks and swept the far hills clean of armour. Then I began grinding the gerries back on the right flank, doing some infantry roasting revenge myself. On my left side I posted tanks on the hill and piled up armoured carcass after armoured carcass at the crossroads that were already littered with my own brave dead.

One Churchill was a total monster. He took out seven tanks himself including the Tiger. I only wish I could have saved an arty observer for that moment. The AI just couldn't break out of that crossroads as choked as it was with frying sardine cans and an arty barrage would have devastated him. I couldn't stop playing (3am) until I had won a major victory. Excellent. Simply excellent.

And now I'm at work gulping coffee.

I agree, this is a real slugfest and one of my favorites to date. I'm still battling, but I just got my reinforcements a couple of turns ago. One thing I noticed was that my overall morale increased just by the mere presence of reinforcements. It's now back to near 50% whereas it was near 30% prior to reinforcements. If my battle is in any way close to the real battle, I have all the respect in the world for the Canadian fighting men.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Guest Germanboy

Posts like this really ought to go to the scenario forum - that's what it is there for.

------------------

Andreas