Front Turret Penatration with no damage ?

What's the chance of that happening? I've seen a couple tanks in real life before and I can see how this could happen, but at least tell me that I broke the antenna or something. Or the crew crapped there pants. smile.gif

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

I'm in a game now where a Marder II fired on an M3 halftrack, and CM recorded an upper hull penetration, but the M3 kept on going. Since the game is ongoing, I don't know if there was internal damage like maybe the machine gun is out, but I rather imagine unless the shell passed right on through and out the tailpipe that something should have broke. Maybe the CD player stopped working.

smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno Weiss

An acquaintance of mine told me this story about his father:

It was during/after the Battle of the Bulge and the US Army was short of tank drivers. My friend's father was a cook and had a drivers license for large trucks. So he is pressed into service as a driver for an M5 Stuart. One day they round the bend of a road, the tank suddenly shudders; dust everywhere. They spot the 88 which had just ambushed them. The gunner takes two quick shots, the driver throws the tank into reverse and hauls @$$ out of danger.

Once safe, the driver comments on how lucky they were that the 88 missed. The TC called him up to the turret for a look. The round had entered the turret front and exited the back! eek.gif

------------------

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. -Aesop

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Eyes:

The round had entered the turret front and exited the back! eek.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

good thing there wasn't MORE armor, it might have gone in and rattled around a bit...lucky as hell.

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

An HE round would probably killed the tank.

I recently played a PBEM game in which my opponent's Tiger I was penetrated in the side hull by a 105 SC round. Much to my chagrin it continued to prowl through the remainder of the game. The AAR indicated that one of the crew had been incapacitated.

------------------

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. -Aesop

Snake Eyes,

All I can say to that is WOW! Great story thanks.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey