Use as a training tool?

SFC Mo

As we in the Army rely more and more on computers, we often look to the civilian sector to buy "off the shelf" training products. I would like others opinions on the use of TACOps as a training tool either for an individual or as a network "game".

Thanks in advance for you time.

Actually, the Major has developed versions of TacOps specifically for the Canadian Army and the US Marines (I believe) and I think several other countries. So it's already in use as a training tool by actual military organizations. I've been playing TacOps since '94 when it first came out and it's still the best modern warfare simulation. I believe it's a valuable teaching tool for tactics. And it's better to learn those lessons in the classroom than in the field! biggrin.gif

EZ

[This message has been edited by EZJCA (edited 07-21-2000).]

I know that friends in Light Armored Infantry and Tanks that use TacOps extensively to time out movement and manuever. They have MCTSSA the Marine Corps Gee-Whiz shop simulators but that requires a great deal of time and effort to get a tech to program in what you want.

I wish I knew about this when we did WTIs and CAXs. smile.gif

------------------

M. L. Johnson

TAOC DAWG