What would you consider a win...

This just happened to me recently. Me an my opponent basically went the full distance of the QB (Meeting Engagement) an obliterated eachother. But on the 29th turn (outta 30) I managed to whack his remaining tank standing at the only victory objective an claim it for myself. After the turn it was over (automatic) and the AAR said the enemy had surrendered to me (crewman left) but it gave us a draw. Now this wasn't a ladder match or nothing but would you consider it to be a victory? Even if it was for the ladder? I mean I still had a few men on the board an the victory location secured (half squad an full plt HQ) with his surrender an all. Jus curious on your thoughts...

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!

Minor bragging rights, nothing substantial though and not a win.

However on the ladder I think even a draw can affect your ranking. If you were to play the number one guy to a draw you would gain points and he would lose points as he would have been expected to have scored higher. Thus in essence a win smile.gif

One of my PBEM opponents and I will finish a game probably similar to this. We have exhausted or forces totally, me the most, and both are now trying to secure the VL a.s.a.p. since the game soon ends.

I think we have to remember it´s just a game and since the VL are crucial in the game, the one who controls them in the end is usually the winner. In reality, I guess it would be difficult to find a winner but that´s another story.