Platoon Leader Command and Control

It would be nice to be able to move an entire platoon by giving an movement order to the PL, as opposed to boxing all the guys and moving them that way. The advantage being that the Platoon will configure themselves in a way that makes sense. For instance, when blocking a PLT and moving them that way, the unit gets all messed up at the destination, such as the 60MM Mort in front and the squads oriented the wrong way. Also, the squads tend to bypass enemy units that they pass allong the way instead of engaging them, even in just a 'move' as opposed to a 'move fast' order.

Can this be done? Give the PL a move order 'Move Platoon' and then have the game ask for a direction for the PLT to face when they reach the destination. This will decreace micromanagement alot. En route, they will engage enemy forces as a platoon if any are found.

The PL could also be directed to 'Move Platoon Fast', the difference will be the PLT will bypass any enemy forces allong the way.

Is this a good idea? Is it possibe for CM2?

If you double click on the leader all of the units will be selected. You can then give the leader a move command and the rest of the guys will move with him.

Before I do this I usually position all of the units in the group into the formation that I want them to be in.

This will accomplish what you want but it takes a little setup before moving the group.

I guess I was looking for all that legwork to be done for me by asking for an orientation of the platoon after the last waypoint is places. On completion of movement, the PLT would arrange itself on line in the direction given.