Soviet/Russian TO&E info request

Commissar

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Commissar:

Does anyone know a site on the net where I could find a current TO&E of a Russian/Soviet tank or motorized infantry division? An older Soviet TO&E (early 1990's or slightly earlier) would be fine. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try this:

ftp://ftp.thegamers.net/pub/toaw/stuff/wpoob.zip

It says it is from 1988, hopefully it will help you out.

RT posted up a partially complete file of mine on Soviet tactics, which includes a TOE description for divisions. It is a bit big for posting into here, and a do apologize for its unfinished nature! Someday I'll fill in the blanks and complete the "further reading" sections, etc.

<a href=http://www.battlefront.com/resources/tacops/HQ/files/sovtac.zip>Click here to download the zipped Word doco</a>

or

<a href=http://www.battlefront.com/resources/tacops/HQ/files/Sovtac.sit.hqx>Click here to download a compressed MacWord version</a>

[This message has been edited by James Sterrett (edited 05-16-2000).]

Guest MajorH

Try this URL ...

http://leav-www.army.mil/threats/products/FM.HTM

From there you can download a zip file of the US Army Field Manual ''Fm 100-60 Armor- And Mechanized-Based Opposing Force Organization Guide".

Or ... you can purchase my Military Reference Library CDROM and carry 167 field manuals in your pocket, where ever you go smile.gif.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com

[This message has been edited by MajorH (edited 05-16-2000).]

MajorH wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Or ... you can purchase my Military Reference Library CDROM and carry 167 field manuals in your pocket<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A very cool reference package.... I used to go downtown to the local US Gov't printing office and buy these FMs individually (along with other gov't military publications - your tax dollars at work smile.gif, but Major H's compilation has them *all* way cheaper than paper copies, plus they're *searchable*.

Maybe I'm a sucker for such things, since when I was a kid I discovered my dad's FM 21-13 "The Soldier's Guide" from 1952 when he served during the Korean War. However, I'm fascinated by them.

They're very useful. When's vol. 2 due out, Maj. H.?... though I haven't yet memorized the first 100+ FMs! smile.gif

Wendell