Impressed by arty

Ok, I just finished a QB defense against the Germans. They had a load of infantry and I thought that there was no way I would be able to hold them off. Then I remembered the 105 VT spotter that I had hidden in the second story of a building with pretty good LOS. When the smoke cleared from the battle field this unit, with its 8 fire missions had racked up 103 confirmed casualties. This was almost 1/3 of those inflicted by my entire force. I am now a true believer.

------------------

Upon the fields of friendly strife, are sown the seeds of Victory.

---Douglas McArthur

But you need to pick the right Arty for the job. In a QB I chose German rockets: they were cheap and I found out why. They scattered all over the map, inflicting as much damage on my guys as the enemy. In future I will pick more expensive but accurate

Jarhead,

A target reference point (TRP) is a marker that a defender places on the battlefield during set-up. It is a target that is pre-registered with on-board and off-board firing units, allowing much greater accuracy and quicker response time.

Jarhead wrote:

Tss, Target Ref Point? could you please fill me in?

A pre-registered artillery target spot. Available exclusively on the fortifications list with the price of only 30 points. Cheap. Allows you to fire the mortar batteries with only 20-30 second delay. Don't go to trenches without 'em.

- Tommi

Still only have demo (weep) Can't wait to use registered fire! CM2 here we come! And now a little poem!

"On sea and land the fighting raged;

The sceaming shells contested in the air.

Then from the forest little Kate would come,

To some familiar landmark, bathed in fire.

Out she creeps, her rockets loaded up,

Against our homeland's dread assailant,

And screams: a comapny is gone.

And howls again: no regiment."

Anatoli Skoblo in "Red God of War" by Chris Bellamy.

Katyushas to beat the bloated fascist beast!