Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Sudden casualties???

During a recent game, I was surprised to see that, at the end of a movie one of my squads had taken 3 casualties. I replayed the last few seconds of the turn (when the casualties suddenly appeared) several times. There was no artillery or mortar fire in the area, I didn't hear any gunfire, and there were no yellow lines of fire to the squad at any time. Oh yeah... the squad didn't even do that little jerk-back like they usually do when taking casualties.

I've seen tanks killed by unseen units, but I've never seen infantry taken out this way. If it was small arms fire wouldn't I see or hear it? Perhaps I was the victim of a sharpshooter? Maybe those three just had too much combat and decided to give up?

------------------

“Out in front every one is holding out. Every one. My grenadiers and my engineers and my tank crews – they’re all holding their ground. Not a single man is leaving his post. They are lying silent in their foxholes for they are dead.” – Gen. Fritz Bayerlein on an order to hold his position

[This message has been edited by Daveman (edited 09-18-2000).]

You might not always see it. This can happen when you have your squad running. They are focused on getting to the destination and not looking for the enemy.

One other possibibility could be a sharpshooter or two or three from 200 meters or greater. One rifle shot is hard to detect.

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES