Problem creating user scenario

rsilva

Hello!

I'm new to the game ... so excuse me if I'm asking a stupid questiom.

I have the PC Windows version (3.0).

I can download a map from TACOPS HEADQUARTERS but I can't figure how to make my personal scenarios.

For example I have downloaded the map 515 and now I launch the game ... but I can't find a "new scenario" or "load map" buttons in order to load the map 515 and in order to put units on it saving map and units as a new scenario.

What I have to do?

The last question ... what are the MAP OVERLAY? I see this choice in the opening screen but I can't find any .CPO files under the game directories.

Can you help me?

Thankls in advance

Roberto

OK....

To make your own scenario:

- start a two-player game, and load a scenario whose name is something like "Custom Scenario XXXX" (XXXX would be US Army, USMC, or Canada). The game will ask you to specify a map. Find Map 515 and ta-da, you are off to begin deploying forces.

- You can't use the AI in these scenarios, though you can play them against other humans. You can start the game as an email game or LAN game if you wanted.

-----

Map Overlays:

To make a map overlay:

- Enable "CPX Umpire Mode" under Options

- Under "Reports", select "CPX Overlay to File"

This will generate the .cpo file. You'll need to assign passwords if you want other people to be able to see only one side or the other; if you assign no passwords, anybody loading the file can see both Opfor and BluFor troops.

When you open an Overlay file, you can examine the deployments of the side(s) for which you have a password; you can also look over their artillery state and airstrikes and such.

The Overlay feature was developed by Major H. to support CPX play, since it makes it easier for the Umpire to report positions to players in a manner the players can quickly grasp. (The older methods were a text report generated by TacOps, which was quick for the umpire but not the players; those reports (SITREPs) replaced summary reports written by the umpire, which were ust plain slow. 8)