Skorzeny

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

I have those doubts too, Henri, but the professor exists. He is in the History department, methinks and teaches on Soviet history pre- and postwar. I found him there the night I wrote the email. At least the name bears striking resemblance. If I had not found him, I would not have written the email to Dr. Marino.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoops, you are correct redface.gif, he is not in the University telephone directory, but he there IS a professor by that name in the online directory in the History Department. I tried to phone him to see if I could find out anything about this alleged Skorzeny, but he was absent.If an admin of this forum can give me the real name of this plagiarist, I will be happy to pursue this further here. Since the plagiarized text was claimed to be from a thesis from this University, I consider that the University's name has been tainted mad.gif (although I must admit that it is not mentioned too often in wargame forums -does anyone have a more academic-sounding synonym for 'wargame forum'? How about International computer-aided armed conflict simulation forum towards better arms control for peace?) biggrin.gif

Henri

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Hows this for acdemic sounding?

Wargame Forum= (I got a couple)

1)Contention Disport Forum.

2)Conflict Diversion Assizes.

3)Place full of Grognards.

Yes not all the best but I just woke up... so go ahead flame if you gotta, my defence is I AM CANADIAN. nuff said.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henri:

Whoops, you are correct <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, I always am (smirk). Kidding only, kidding, but it is my favourite line, I could not resist it.

Here is his webpage: http://www.fl.ulaval.ca/hst/Profs/Rlukic/Rlukic.htm , and he is indeedy into this history and film stuff, which makes me think that the Eejit otherwise known as Skorzeny might be a plagiarist after all, and not just a *insert favourite abuse here*. Prof. Lukic is on sabbatical for a year though.

Back to dissing the Hamsters.

------------------

Andreas

Edited for ineptness in dealing with HTML code.

Thanks Spook.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 08-16-2000).]

I'm a little late in reading this, but I wish to add my compliments to you, Andreas, for your diligence. It's good that at least one person was willing to spend some personal time to confirm a plagarist situation by notifying the document's originator.