New Patch and the 1.02 Demo --Group Movement

I have been using the 1.02 demo and have noticed 1 particular change I would prefer not to see in the next full game patch.

The 1.02 patch "group movement" display only shows the path of the "key unit" whereas the current game version shows the paths of all the units in the group.I find this current game version display much more helpful in ensuring an accurate route and destination position for all the group units.

With the 1.02 demo system there has to be a lot of rough estimation re the exact finishing position of all the units. This can be very problematic if you want to ensure cover and concealment etc or a good los for all the group units at the end of their move.

Guest Madmatt

Shift-P friend, you have it set to only show a single highlighted units path.

The feature you want is still there, its just not the default.

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

I think the group movement feature was incorporated into the CD release (V1.00). I find it quick and useful and less confusing to move a group of units quickly to a general area when concealment is'nt an issue and without having movement lines everywhere, but i agree that in situations where you need to precisely place your men it is a "feature" that could well cause chaos if your not careful. Perhaps a shift or ctrl key (with or without) and the movement order could be used to switch between the two?.

------------------

Staffordshire - England (NO LONGER A CM-Free Zone!! :) )

COMBAT MISSIONS- The Source For CM Ops & Scenarios

WWW.COMBATMISSIONS.CO.UK