Night of the Living Volkssturm

In a Quickbattle I set the conditions for Infantry on both sides, late in the war. I was defending against a German attack and, as the attack proceeded it became clear that the Geran forces were almost entirely Panzerschrecks. What these poor guys hoped to achieve against infantry with MGs and mortars isn't clear but it became really spooky watching these waves of tired old men trudging steadily towards the village - and dying. It was reminiscent of the original Night of the Living Dead zombie scenes. The result was pretty predictable, final score 96:4, three dead on my side.

I was going to include a screenshot but can't figure out how to copy it into this message

Speaking of useless weapons: they should have included a Wespe or two- they'd be right at home.

I've tried them twice. Each time they got off one shot (from hull down in scattered trees), encountered returned INFANTRY fire at ranges of over 500m, and abandoned within one (1) second. They must be "manned" by pacifist nuns.

Think of them as one-shot disposable 150mm Panzerfausts. Or a single large and expensive mine. Back to StuH for me.