Bad news BTS

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Strolling around shanghai this weekend i was horrified to see pirate copies of CM in the computer mall..........man i still do not have my original copy yet and these &**@#%* have got CM, cracked the copy protection, churned out their CD's, printed the CM picture on a card, got it in the shops and they are selling it for one US dollar a disk!!!!

I really do not know how the hell they do it so fast!! It is probably version 1.3 already!!!

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news BTS.

If it is available here i would guess it has been pirated in other Asian countries also.

What surprises me most is that this can happen to a game sold only over the internet.

I was speechless.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

well its bound to happen,if you look on the boards we,ve had a discussion about someone getting a warez copy,all it takes is someone to buy it ,then then abuse the system and either warez or rip it off.

BTS have done a fine job on this game,all for scumbag kid to warez it or some pirate to flog it off.

To all of you who say well it dont matter or he is a kid,that $1 copy means that BTS take cm2 longer to do, if it carrys on then BTS may not be able to do a next version.

It makes me laugh when someone sticks up for a warez user then asks wheres CM2,You support a warez site or buy a cheap cd or burn one off you are destroying the company of the game you profess to love

Guest Michael emrys

Under the latest set of trade agreements between our two countries, China has committed to cracking down on pirated software. BTS could make this a test case, it they want to be bothered.

Michael

Uh, last time I was in Hong Kong they were selling Microsoft Office CDs for earrings, $3 a pair.

Visio, Autodesk, Corel, and ANYTHING else ever made were pirated and available, cheap, everywhere.

If guys with that king of clout can't stop it, I don't think BTS should waste their time. If it was on sale in the US it would be a different story, but that's what von Schrad's van is for.

How many guys in Shanghai have been hankering to try their hand at WWII, anyway? I don't think BTS is losing too many sales dollars to pirates in these markets, 'cause they weren't going to buy it anyway.

Well the Far East isn't the only place where piratism takes place. I spend one year in the Middle-East and every ****ing computer store was selling pirated programs and ONLY pirated copies. I guess that they just have someone to purchase the product and start to dublicate it. As long as some nations do not take the copyright laws seriously there is going to be piracy.

That's too bad about Combat Mission being pirated. Here's a similar story. My brother was a producer on an Electronic Arts game. The day after it went gold, he jetted off to Hong Kong with his then fiancee to enjoy a much needed vacation after months of intense work. He was stunned to see copies of the game, the correct version, in the correct packages (except for a minor size issue in the box) the day after he woke up from the being jetlagged.

ironcross

Most warez is not legally purchased before it is pirated. Over 75% of all pirated software is intercepted during the CD duplication process. i.e, someone at the CD duplicators steals a copy and sents it to a pirate group, where it is then stripped, copy protection removed, then sent to courier sites where it is flooded through the Internet. This whole process can take a couple of days to a week - depending on the protection schemes that are needed to be cracked.

Man their are some turkeys out there.

Poor buggers like me got wait for the original to arrive,while those other ****heads support that tarnished pirate trade.

Well i would rather wait than get Tarnished.

Imagine if you made a game yourself and it took you years to make,and then some prick was pirateing your stuff ,after all that sweat and toil.Id smash the prick in the mouth.Im not a violent man but it would kinda piss you off

------------------

"Some people don't see the light until they first feel the heat"

Mark IV is quite correct here, the average Chinaman (Living in mainland China)would not really be on the lookout for a wargame.....anyway most people that buy the pirate copy buy it only because it is so cheap - they take a look and if they do not like it they use it as a beermat. BTS will not have lost many sales over here!

CM was included on a disk that contained 3 other games - Deus EX, F1 Racing and 1 other that i cannot remember....making the one dollar go that little bit further!! (CM at 25cents a pop!!!!)

Microsoft have invested a lot of money in HK to help the authorities tighten up on pirate software......but it is a tip of the iceberg, BTS would be wasting their time trying to do anything about it.

Incidentaly would BTS know where the copy came from originaly if i sent one to them? Is there any traceable serial number? Just a thought.

CDIC

------------------

J.V.Stalin, 1918

He he, I would estimate that there are about 1,000 stores like this in shanghai alone - Me thinks one king tiger is not enough!

There are literaly thousands and thousands of stores like this around china - they sell only pirate software in the open streets, in shop windows, in computer malls etc. All on open display, apparently none of them fear prosecution at all - current legislation, coupled with the fact that it is sometimes the police and local VIP's who own these stores allows this to happen without penalty to the owners.

CDIC

------------------

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Guest herbjorn

Screaming Demon, go ahead, I`ll cover your flank with my JagdPanther. Should anyone of them try to imobilize you by throwing cm warez CDs at your tracks, I`ll make quick work of them tongue.gif