Wooden bunkers: Too easy to spot?

I've never been able to ambush units with a wooden bunker. My bunkers are usually spotted, even at long range. Weren't these fortifications usually made purposefully difficult to spot? That is, hidden by terrain and camoflauge?

I have tried putting them in all sorts of woods, in open terrain, in brush...it never works, they're always spotted and blown up by support assets, before they get to ambush infantry at medium to close range.

Am I missing something? I'm using ambush markers, but they either aren't working or the bunker is simply being spotted before it even fires.

And yes, I did do a search on this, but found nothing.

Thanks,

-Scorp

I think bunkers have been made more difficult to spot since the original release of the game. You've just got to make sure they're not facing off against the enemy from long range - for example, try putting them in a position where they'll hit the enemy's flank, but the enemy doesn't have LOS from a distance. I don't think the game models them unrealistically - you've just got to deploy them with their weaknesses in mind.

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT

• 3 months later...

Still no joy with wooden bunkers ( using 1.1 beta ).

I had five elite wooden bunkers under hide orders and targetting an ambush marker positioned deep in some woods against four M8 Greyhounds of regular experiance in open terrain at a range od approximately 450 meters.

The Greyhounds were able to spot the bunkers and target them immediatly in the first order phase.

Is it intended that wooden bunkers should be spotted so easily?

• 1 month later...

I agree with Scorpion and Schugger here. It seems to me that if a wooden bunker is built in the woods it would be well comoflaged and very hard to spot at long distances. In the game this just isn't the case at all. It would be nice to see a tweak with this.

------------------

Craig

"Only a madman would consider the possibility of war between the two states (France and Germany), for which, from our point of view, there is no rational or moral ground." - Chancellor Adolf Hitler, Oct. 14, 1933

I agree, bunkers should be harder to spot.

Because bunkers are so vulnerable to tanks, they make great bait for the unwary opponent. Just put a hidden Pak40 right next to a bunker or two, and wait for a sherman to show up.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska