BTS: CLOSE the "Spur of the moment complaining" thread!

Guest Mirage2k

Guest Mirage2k

I am respectfully urging BTS to close up this thread.

1. It isn't going anywhere. The main instigator (MG) is clearly not listening to anyone, and doesn't seem interested in enlightening the rest of us with his vast array of knowledge...

2. The thread's basis was nit-picky anway. With a finished product, we shouldn't have to listen to concerns that should be solved by late-Beta.

3. The whole thing is getting tiring, and, frankly, kind of boring.

At least, those are my opinions. Basically, I'm getting really, really sick of all of this crap.

-Andrew

hehehe... Haven't you learned yet? Never tune into a thread with more than 30 postings in it. The next thirty will all be flames, followed by crap. Anything useful or interesting will have been said early.

------------------

When I die I want to go peacefully, like my grandfather, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car

You ain't ****tin' Babra. biggrin.gif

I have come to that conclusion as well.

I mean when a new junior member, new as of the Gold Demo, comes in and starts nit-picking about things which have been discussed time and time again and answered by many of us including BTS, and is so stubburn and hard-headed that they don't submit to the answer then they don't hold much credibility in the community. WOW!! What a run-on sentence that was! eek.gif

Well, I hate to admit this, but I find the thread fascinating. It's like an experiment in abnormal psychology where you can tune in whenever you want and see how the experiment is going. Unfortunately, the behavior is way too common and not really abnormal.

Of course, it is the kind of stupidity in the thread that wears down talented and dedicated people who try to supply us with such wonderful games such as CM. I'm sure this doesn't need repeating from me, but Charles and Steve have the full support of most everyone here (99.9% I'm sure.)

Keep up the good work guys. It is appreciated.

Darren

I would never be one to get whipped up into a frenzy over trivia, or to try to incite others - my own little hysterical hell is overcrowded enough with just me in it...but this whole thing has really got me crazed. so crazed in fact that I have come up with a little theory of my own. To wit:

Seems Like KIA had it all wrong - Losername and Fionn aren't the same person, Its Lewis and MrMGMannAmIHardHeaded that are the same person: think about it...have you ever seen the two of them together? Either they are the same person (no comments from SS_PansyWeeder about the MrHappy/MrPeng conspiracy), or they were twins separated at birth. The Rude gene on chromosome 13 is very strong in both of them/him.

If, as I suspect, they are one in the same person, Lewis is going to great lengths to conceal his identity. The horrible spelling and grammer and the phony accent are merely a cover-up, and a fairly transparent one at that. Lewis is always very careful with his spelling and punctuation.

MrMG claims to be a soldier wanna-be - Lewis has military experience. MrMG sites fuzzy sources, Lewis is an expert on Fuzzy Logic.

MY logic is impeccable: Lewis *is* MrMG! C'mon UserName! fess up. You really are MRMG, right?

Peng - so bored I am wasting time thinking this crap up.

PS - scads of smilies were harmed in really brutal and appalling ways in this post, but the video portion has been edited for content. However, if you listen very carfully to the audio, you can hear their mournful wails and screams of pain.

------------------

Peng sez "die a lot now."

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

I find it sad that so many people are being insulting to mr MG, so what if he has his own very strong opinions. Everyone flames him for not listening, but in his own mind he probably does not know why no-one is listening to him! It is a circle, at least he was not throwing personal insults around unlike many others in that thread despite being flamed all the time, i thought he controlled himself very well - if it was me on the receiving end of those insults i would have left this forum never to return - without buying the game.

Some people need to take it easy. I see way too much sensitivity on this forum sometimes. As a neutral person i thought you were all being to hard on the guy.

I am not saying he is right or wrong, i do not know enough about the subject to comment - but i do know when people are being unreasonably harsh on another person for not agreeing with them.

For saying what i think do i now need to put on my helmet and await a torrent of abuse? I hope not.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

I find it sad that so many people are being insulting to mr MG, so what if he has his own very strong opinions. Everyone flames him for not listening, but in his own mind he probably does not know why no-one is listening to him! It is a circle, at least he was not throwing personal insults around unlike many others in that thread despite being flamed all the time, i thought he controlled himself very well - if it was me on the receiving end of those insults i would have left this forum never to return - without buying the game.

Some people need to take it easy. I see way too much sensitivity on this forum sometimes. As a neutral person i thought you were all being to hard on the guy.

I am not saying he is right or wrong, i do not know enough about the subject to comment - but i do know when people are being unreasonably harsh on another person for not agreeing with them.

For saying what i think do i now need to put on my helmet and await a torrent of abuse? I hope not.

CDIC

------------------

J.V.Stalin, 1918

CDIC - I for one don't think you should be abused for your post (maybe a little for the double post).

I think the part you are missing is not so much that MG is expressing his opinions, but that he started off in such a churlish and demanding way. He was very disrespectful, and although It isn't the nicest way to handle it, many of us here are very protective of Steve and Charles and the fine work they have done, and will flame or slam someone who approaches the developers of our favorite game in a nasty way. Some newbie with an attitude rubs the fur the wrong way if you know what I mean.

You have always been a respectful and well regarded poster, never a nasty tone. That's why you wont get flamed for your post. I hope.

Regards

Peng

------------------

Peng sez "die a lot now."

I think that many of us have missed the gift that MG was offering us...

He was not trying to debate anything at all!

He was showing us(in much the same way that our cat or dog brings to us the stray bird,

squirrel,or mouse)how much of a good little boy he has been and how much he knows about world war two.He should be praised highly!

If only he(and others like him)could be content with proving us "little posters"

wrong(and morons to boot)perhaps it would

be of much less bother..but,I would imagine this would bring little satisfacton...when

you can prove the "authorities" wrong!They're the guys to get at!

Mr. Peng, thank you for your kind words. I did take another look at MG's first post - and it still does not appear to be sooooo bad, i have seen worse on this forum, and they were greeted with humour and banter which is as it should be. Well, i can see that he did rub a few people up the wrong way, however many others are also guilty of that. My main point is that i do see some impatience and over sensitivity in many posters, in turn they become rude and start to hound the person out of the debate. I am glad MG did not respond in the same manner, for that he has my respect.

I like to see Steve and Charles defended also, they deserve it for many reasons. It is good to see so much loyalty, but the defence sometimes is OTT, some guys defend to the death irrespective of the subject or the poster. I guess i am rambling now. Time to change subject. Sorry for the double post though.

Maximus, i am also new to this forum as of the Gold demo, and i have probably raised a few things that had been discussed to death by all you long timers, please don't hold that against any of us newcommers - our only sin is not using the search tool properly, or at all - sometimes though it is good to raise some old issues as a lot of water has passed under the bridge in that time. Credit to Steve and Charles for that.

I hope the arrival of the game calms a few folk down a wee tad, time for a much needed cold beer.

CDIC

------------------

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Guest Big Time Software

Well, the thread is still open. And I am glad it remained open too, as I think the weak position of MG has been fully exposed. Unfortunately, even though everybody engaging in that thread thinks MG is way off base in all respects, if a thread like that is just closed up some people wonder if we did so to shut out legit criticism. I think it is clear now what the case is.

CDIC, I commend you for coming to MG's defense, but I really do feel that he has been rude and insulting beyond the acceptable limit. On top of that, the muddled, confused, and hardheaded line of argument (not discusion) coming from MG sealed his (their) fate. He (they) started out disrespectful and instulting and kept it up all the way through.

Like Germanboy said, echo in the forest. The other saying is that if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. I don't like to see this happen, but when the person starts something out of the blue... I play a tiny little fiddle for them (sorry, American visual expression that stands for little sympathy).

Steve

P.S. Closing this thread up and will close up the other one if it goes bad again.