Customized Scenarios

RhinoBones

Your options are kind of limited. You can't alter the unit database or the weapons database. You can make new maps, but it is a painstaking process.

I've made no few scenarios for TacOps, but translations of situations from earlier eras - even as recent as WWII - tend to need a lot of work to make them interesting & balanced with modern kit. Ranges and lethalities have increased dramatically.

Not sure if that answers your question, though. 8)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RhinoBones:

I am especially interested in WWII/WWI era scenarios and customization of the existing unit icons and/or capabilities.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To my knowledge, this just won't happen with TacOps.

For WW II, the best choice IMHO is The Operational Art of War: Wargame of the Year Edition (a great source for operational WW II). For WW I, unfortunately the best choice is the above game, with appropriate user hacks to make it WW I. Sorry, if I knew a better WW I source, I'd let you know.

FWIW, TacOps is great for the modern era.

Wendell

Good to hear that the future may produce a greater selection of national armies and/or units. My hope would be that an expansion would would be in the form of add-on modules for more historical eras and theaters of operation. A companion TacOps based on the Operational level of war is most desireable. Of course the ability for the individual to build custom scenarios is a top prioriety requirement.

A significant opportunity exists to expand. After purchasing the basic engine and support/editing tools, it would be interesting to see the wealth of material the war gaming community would build.

Regards, RhinoBones