Steve please read, rest too :)

Steve,

I like to clarify some things i said, and then end this discussion. This won't be a rant or something rude, so please bear with me.

I understand readers and you people from BTS got offended by the post i made. As mentioned before, i should have picked other words, or put them in a slightly different way. I became aware of this when i received some offensive replies, so the first thing i did was apologize and try to explain. Ofcourse it was too late then.

I do take FULL responsibility. I reply to the posts i think are needed and i am NOT saying the post couldn't be offensive. I'm NOT hiding behind bad knowledge of english. But please keep in mind that expressing certain things on paper is NOT easy. Sure i know a zillion words, maybe my grammar is even good. But this doesn't have to mean i know how to put these words in the correct way, telling people exactly what i mean. Yes...after re-reading my post i understood why some got pissed. Would i have put it a different way if i could do it all over? Yes, i would try, but no i am affraid it wouldn't have sound any different.

I am NOT looking for a messageboard-war. If i would, but job would be done. Many people are pissed, everybody hates me...i am a WINNER. But no, i just wanted to post something, which went horribly wrong. Maybe you don't believe me, but why on earth would i try to explain, apologize, and re-post all the time then? Not because i'm bored or have too much time on my hands. No, because i want to be able to have normal discussions, without having the idea noone believes me and therefore receiving silly replies.

Also i pre-ordered the game months ago. I'm waiting for it as much as everyone. The graphics a great, the sounds are cool, and for a change...it's historically accurate.

Once again, i understand everybody getting pissed. I do like CM, i think BTS has done a tremendous job so far, and i really hope we'll have the game as soon as possible.

I will re-read my posts multiple times before i actually hit the "post message"-button.

If, after reading this post, you still think i'm not worth normal replies, or that the message i posted is beyond forgiveness. Then so be it. Please tell me i should leave this board and i will, because, as i already said, i am not looking for trouble.

I hope this case can be closed now.

AH64D

LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Many people are pissed, everybody hates me...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, everyone just got a little pissed off at what came across as a VERY bad tone in your first post wink.gif. Just try to remember in future that if you are going to come on saying that things need changing that :

a) you've got to REALLY have a huge amount of irrefutable evidence backing you (which you didn't since a lot of what you said was in some ways wrong) and

B) you might want to just triple-check everything just to make sure that you're not coming across too strong and confrontationally.

Seriously many people made many of the points you made but received no bad replies. It was the tone of the message and not the content that people really objected to IMO.

Anyways, so long as you just add it to your "list of things learned" I see no reason you can't be a productive part of the forum.

Hell, you wouldn't be the first person to have made a VERY bad first impression but who is now an integral part of the forum ( Captain Manieri for example hehe wink.gif ).

Anyways, I'm quite willing to forget your somewhat questionable lashing out at me yesterday wink.gif and I'm sure everyone else is too.

Everyone: Yeah, maybe his first post was a REALLY bad way to start his forum presence but he hasn't been the first person to make a REALLY bad start and he won't be the last. Let's give him a chance k?

Fionn " Yeah, I know I don't look or act like a peacemaker normally but sometimes ya gotta put the guns away wink.gif" Kelly

For what its worth I think your apoology is sincere and deserves to be accepted. I think everyone has been chewing off their fingernails in the wait for Cm ( me especially :P) It seems you realize the delivery of your post needed a little polish and are willing to change that. If you do as you say then I see no reason for anyone to bear any ill-will. I don't see why anyone would hate you regarless - ya ruffled some feathers a bit tho smile.gif

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 02-10-2000).]

AH64D, don't worry about it anymore. Anyone who can apologize and take resposibility for their words is a bigger person in my eyes, and I hope others feel the same way.

Craig

ps.I've found that if you just post worthless off-topic crap you just annoy everyone wink.gif...much simpler IMHO hehe.

Guest Big Time Software

AH64D,

Wow. Hell of a post. Very cool, no problems wink.gif

I guess this is one of the downsides of having such a large vocabulary and excellent grammer (you truly do on both counts). I read your initial post several times and never once thought you were speaking English as a second language. In fact, you say gooder English than me does wink.gif

Thanks for the clarification and thanks for your support. For my part I am sorry there was such a blow up about the whole thing as it is clear you weren't looking for that sort of a reaction.

Steve

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS_PanzerLeader:

SS_Pansie is it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL That's a good one! Now go ahead and dog me now, smile.gif but I bet you can't. wink.gif I can't think of any myself, but have at it, man!

------------------

"I want you to remember that...no bastard ever won a war...by dying for his country...He won it...by making the other poor dumb bastard...die for his country."--George S. Patton

SS_Pansie..

I'd be quite willing to BARBEQUE you in public using the Gold Demo wink.gif.

On the other hand, do you think that you could face a THIRD STRAIGHT LOSS to me? wink.gif

I mean, it's got to be humiliating LOSING EVERY TIME don't you think?

Still, by now I'm sure you're GETTING USED TO LOSING TO ME wink.gif.

Still, I must admire your courage in stepping into the firing line time and time again only to be beaten into a bloody pulp... Hmm, maybe that should read stupidity?

Is that blood boiling yet? wink.gif

Seriously though, if I'm looking for a challenge I'll play someone else... But when I feel like a virtually uncontested game I know where to go.

(Bet you it's boiling now hehe wink.gif ).

Ps. ALL said in jest wink.gif (apart from the fact that SS Pansie is 0 for 2 vs me wink.gif )

I admit the first game ya trounced me - but it was all part of my diabolical plan to anihilate you when it counts tongue.gif

Now as far a s the second game went I recall you BARELY (and I cannot emphasize that one enuff) scraped a win out of the tattered remnants of your forces - it all boiled down to a point blank galleon style tank duel in which luck was on your side tongue.gif that sense of false security I shall proceed to hand you your head, heart , entrails and so on and so forth :o

So grab your butt with both hands and prepare to kiss it bye bye smile.gif

But seriously I did enjoy our matches - the second one was intense eek.gif

Look forward to the next

Ol blood & guts

You thought ol Fioon was funny huh? If you are lacking nicknames huh try these on for size (in jest) tongue.gif

Ol Pud & Nuts

Ol Cruddy Huts

Ol Fuddy Putz

Ol Mud & ruts

Any help? :o

glad I could assist feel free to call on me for any more insulting nicknames :P

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

I missed the original issue, must've been at work or something, so didn't know what was going on until the related threads were locked down. I am very glad to see that cooler thoughts are prevailing now.

I too was angry at the initial post, but wanted very much for the people who had been posting to accept the apologies when they started coming. Glad to see things worked out the way they did.

Finally, I would like to say AH64D, that I like Steve couldn't imagine that English wasn't your first language, until you said so.

Well, after how quickly you died in the first game I decided to go easy on you the second game wink.gif (not really).

That shootout at the end WAS intense...

Picture it guys, 1 Stug and 1 Sherman in the middle of a large smokescreen. Both are moving around and darting in and out of the fog trying to avoid some infantry also running around in the fog. At a range of 20 metres the StuG sees the Sherman, rotates and, with its barrel almost touching the Sherman blasts it into pieces.

Seconds later the US surrender wink.gif

Still, a win is a win is a win wink.gif

AH64D wrote:

>Many people are pissed, everybody hates >me...i am a WINNER

I think you meant "whiner" like Wayne Gretzky used to do in hockey.

Whiner = chronic complainer not=AH64HD

And no, we're not pissed at you at least i'm not. As they above messages stated, your command of English is way better that my command of a 2nd language.

BTW do you play, have tried Longbow2? Its awesome smile.gif

smile.gif I think the Waynemeister was best hockey player ever, even though he played for Edmonton.

Guest Big Time Software

OK, everything is cool and now it is time to move on. Time to lock up this thread now. Plus, Fionn and SSPzL have ruined it with their manly posturing anyhow wink.gif

Steve