an Idea for future patch or CM"

What i miss in all Strategy/Tactical games is the option of "recon" Scenarios.

What about giving the possibility to gein points not for capture location X,Y because of giving points for recognize 60% of the enemy troops correct without geting killed or seen. Would be nice to play such a scenario when u try to get info´s on the enemy´s strenght and position but u a really not in strenght to kill him so u got to be carefull not to been seen or heared smile.gif

I agree. Commando raids are also fun. Unfortunately, I don't believe units in CM are ever unalerted (or just plain asleep), so I don't think sneak raids are do-able in the game.

Recon is fun though. Maybe just design a scenario with no victory locations, and agree between players on what really constitutes victory.

Guest Scott Clinton

While you can't make the units start the game 'asleep'. You can make them start the game in a "Weary" state (just waking up?).

That will limit their usefullness for a few turns at least.

Perhaps the 'alarm' has just been sounded, and as they stubble out of thier bunks...the game begins. biggrin.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Who said, that Commando raid type scenarios are not possible in CM 1?

It's all about how the scenario designer sets up things.

Imagine a small map, night conditions (maybe combined with bad weather), experienced elite units (British Paras for example), a little bit of cover for the advance, vs. some green german guards, that look into another direction.

Using "Sneak" and "Crawl" for the Paras to approach the objective, you have the perfect "surprise" raid!

Fred

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Screaming Demon:

at the start of first tun is when you perform your recon isnt (assuming this is the first time you played a scenario) it? like a probe sort of to see where the enemy is and what he has got.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too would really like to see a much expanded role for the recon units.

There are scout cars and it would be cool to actually use them to see what the map looked like over the next hill. We can still use them (I assume in on BIG maps) to determine where the enemy troop strength is.

I plan to design a scenario that will (somehow, not sure how yet, but I'll figure it out) penalize players who are not careful and don't recon their forward advance before attacking. There must be a way to do this in the scenario editor. I plan to put those scout cars to GOOD use in my DYO scenarios.

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>