Ostfront Kampftaktic DEMO now shipping!!!

I would guess that that it would be up to BTS if I have 'bad' mouthed them or whatever.

Are you a moralist? Most of my jewish friends are moralists and I like discussing such issues with them. They can be cloying/annoying/baiting/outspoken/etc but we get along OK. Maybe we can get along OK?

I sell my game through my email address. You would order through my email address.

Lewis

Yes I want the german spelling. Cause its cool and theres a big market there.

Yes I am employed and doing this part time. Yes i am abusing the rules here about promoting stuff, etc and think that the weekend is the best time for it.

I would like to expand on the "cardboard" look. When choosing your forces, there is a pic of a cardboard box filled with "pieces" (I did a high res scan at work). I remember I used to have games like panzerleader in boxes with the pieces all mixed up. Anyway, you toggle an infantry button and all available infantry pieces you can buy jump up (they come to the top and highlight actually). So depending on the year, how many youve bought (you cant load up on pupchen platoons lets say), pieces drop away and you have to buy from the remainder.

The game has multilevel zoom with a hex overlay at the highest map zoom out. The zoomed out map is also very map-like with a scale , elevation lines, etc. (I used to make maps 81C in the USArmy). But as you zoom down, the hexes are lost (they are only needed for a pre-game plan phase where you lay out your attack/defend plan and draw arrows and lines and also for the determination of front lines). You drop down to a section/platoon/company "piece" representation and then down to the lowest level where individual vehicles and 3-4 man sections are visable. You can give platoon orders like wedge formation and echelon left etc. and see the results. I want to make the overall ground commander (thats you!) have a ground level view but thats light years away. So if you need to eyeball the situation, drive the Bn HQ right to the front (watch for snipers).

The game then "moves away" from typical board games and that is what I am trying to capture. A shift in game play but reminiscent of the old board games in "look". It emphasizes good forward thinking, quick fun play, realistic casualties and capabilitys. Things like human wave attacks are possible but take alot of "impulse" points to setup and can be disrupted even before they start. It can be very frustrating to be the russian player and I assume that everyone will want the AI to be the russians~! I also want the unpredictable nature of combat to be represented and scenarios dont have scripted sides or exactly the same victory conditions. I am toying with having victory locations but the points given for each are only known to the defender (he might assign them). The attacker only gets to know the value after he takes each! Its a fun abstraction if nothing else.

I am developing the game in stages from simple infantry battles, advanced infantry (using arty and such), armored support (with AT gun sections,etc) till I get to complete combined arms.

Its been slow going but I think thats the key. I am in no rush and want the game for myself as well as something to say I did.

Lewis

PS Or I may drop this whole project and create a game called TIC TAKTIC TOW.

Its a 9 square connect the x's or O's type of game built around a very realistic anti tank launcher with wire guidance. You strategically put down O's and X's till you have three in a row. You then fire a TOW and the wire acts like a line that connects the three.

[This message has been edited by :USERNAME: (edited 09-09-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by :USERNAME::

Its been slow going but I think thats the key. I am in no rush and want the game for myself as well as something to say I did.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having worked on something along the same lines I'd like to say good luck with your project, Lewis. smile.gif