Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Road and Formation Movement

I have encountered two "problems", forcing me to spend time managing trivial details. It is quite possible that some of this work could be automated.

1. I would like to be able to restrict a movement path to roads, esp. for vehicles. Plotting a waypoint path along roads for one vehicle is manageable, but plotting the movement of 10 vehicles (or even 4) along a twisting road in a column is a p.i.t.a.

2. I have noticed that I cannot set waypoints for a group of units / formation by using Ctrl+Click. If I have more than one unit selected and issue a Move order, than a Ctrl+Click works just like a simple mouse click, terminating the movement order. There does not seem to be a way to set a waypoint for a group of units.

The most recent discussion was about how to avoid traffic jam when moving in columns.

Robert does take this issue into another dimension, requesting a "follow the road" order.

The consensus, as I remember it, was that it would be nice to have a "follow" order, that allowed one unit to tag on to another. This would also solve Robert's problem, since then you'd only plot the route for the first vehicle in the column. Then all the other "follow" the one in front of them.

As noted the mass movement order is a one waypoint only order (but can be ended with a "hide" order, if desired). It is of limited use, but I do use it at times to set the first leg of a longer move for entire platoons, adding the additional waypoints for one unit at a time.

Cheers

Olle