CM campaign query

I was just reading this nice article

http://wbr.thegamers.net/articles/cm_editor1.htm

It mentions that CM campaigns take place on one map. Is this right? You cant design a campaign to command a force over multiple scenarios with different maps? If so how big can these maps get?

Not a big deal either way but I was just curious as I am getting paper work and force lists together to design a Battlion level infantry campaign for CM when its out and obviously this would affect it.

Cheers in advance.

_dumbo

Dumbo,

Search on "Operation" for more info than you would ever want! =)

The basics are that a CM "Campaign" is a single operation that takes place on a large (multiple sq km) contiguous map. So, it simulates a multi battle, maybe multi day push to take a single, or geographically co-located series of objectives.

A good example is, you could do Frost's push to capture and hold the North End of the bridge at Arnhem (mulitiple days/battles all on one long map from dropzone to bridge) but you could'nt do all the bridges ala CC2, as the areas are split across a very large, non continuous map. You could of course do one operation for each bridge... Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Chris

DISCLAIMER: The post was generated by a BETA TESTER. It is the intention of the team, that no feelings were hurt in the making of this post. (i.e. no mentions of the day-to-day bliss of multiple CM operations including cool new vehicles like the Churchill Crocodile, or the joy of firing up a DYO battle with the random map generator and gazing in awe at your own newly minted section of Northern France smile.gif

------------------

Chris Pick

chris@chris-and-donna.com

Ahh, but beta testers get their joy in dribs and drabs as a new build comes out.

we unwashed masses will get our joy in the final version in one huge excitement filled bundle. You poor beta testers will never know the happiness that we lucky slack-ass posterboys will feel upon experiencing all the wonders of CM at once.

I pity you. tongue.gif

Jason biggrin.gif