User-created Operation glitch?

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet (and it's 2am, much too late to go doing a bbs search for this topic wink.gif ), but I was working on creating an operation tonight, and I got everything done and was ready to start rigorously testing troop strength, etc, except that I can't... When I try to play the op, it only gives me the option for hotseat, e-mail, or TCP/IP... I can't play it against the AI. Is this a bug of some kind? Or does this happen with certain kinds of scenarios? Or what? I'm going to throw something if I find out that six hours of work on my map are now wasted (or at least wasted for single-player)... any help would be appreciated smile.gif

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

If the above doesn't work, make sure that you don't have any assault boats for the side that you want to simulate with the computer in the operation. It is an AI limitation that is here to stay.

However, the above post sounds like the most likely suspect to this mystery.

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Well, thanks for all the suggestions, but some pesky assault boats were causing my problem... I had made a couple of port villages and threw some boats in there, mostly for show... but once I took them out, everything worked fine. Kinda weird, but oh well smile.gif

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.