I've got to get better opponents-and my game fixed (long)

Okay, listen to these two tales:things NOT to do in LD and Riesberg.

I was playing a friend of mine by hotseat. In Last Defense, he took far too long to get everything set up as the Germans. Everything had to come down the road, it seemed. Two halftracks were allowed on the left near the wooden cabin. Anyway, his attack starts on turn 3! Down comes everyone on the road. Suddenly, he is stunned when his Tiger dies from a zook shot. Meanwhile, his 'tracks have gotten way too close to platoon on my right. Close assault and 'zook shot=dead Germans. By turn 15 he was gone.

Riesberg: He does a mass charge against my Amis. Oh yeah, that'll work! rolleyes.gif. He then decides to pick on a tankless tank team of mine, who (miraculously) picks off his moratar team survivors and the 'schreck team. I won't even bother telling the rest. smile.gif

Also, my game freezes up after about 3 minutes. I know this was probably discussed already, but does anyone have a solution? I'm getting annoyed at my computer frown.gif

------------------

Sosabowski, 1st Pol. Abn.

Yes, I know my name is spelled wrong as a member!

[This message has been edited by Gen. Sosaboski (edited 02-11-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Also sprach Sosabowski:

Riesberg: He does a mass charge against my Amis. Oh yeah, that'll work! . He then decides to pick on a tankless tank team of mine, who (miraculously) picks off his moratar team survivors and the 'schreck team. I won't even bother telling the rest.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was this freakin' military genius trying to do? Recreate the Charge of the Light Brigade? Shermans to the left of them, Shermans to the right of them...

Ethan

------------------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Shermans to the left of them, Shermans to the right of them...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And there they are stuck in the middle with you... cool.gif

(+25 cool points if you can name the song and band this parody is parodying confused.gif )

[This message has been edited by CEO (edited 02-12-2000).]