Is there a Rule of 37's ?

Similiar to Fionn's rule of 75's and 76's

Has any one said no main weapons bigger than 37 mm?

I'm not familiar enough with the German equipment to know if any of it can match up with the Allied 37 mm the same way you can match 75's?

Any thoughts on this one.....

This rule could make for a good Recon forces only meeting engagement, but I'm not really sure it could be play balanced well enough to make it fair?

comments?

-tom w

The German 37 is not bad, but there are not any of them in this game, you get 20s and 50s.

I think the German 50 is all that would stand between them and doom in a recon game. The US .50 cal and the 37 on fast, low ground pressure tanks with fast turrets are a deadly combination.

[This message has been edited by Slapdragon (edited 09-22-2000).]

There are at least two German 37mm vehicles: the Ostwind, and twin Flak 37, which is rearward firing. I have used both with some success, although the twin 37 is pretty vulnerable to small arms fire. The Ostwind can be quite deadly: good penetration and decent armor.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

My question though is in a fight of recon units, how many ostwinds are going to be mixing it up? Was it common to throw Ostwind flakpanzer platoons out as recon elements? I think Tom's question involves a tussle of recon forces, not just 37 armed vehicles.

Of course, on the American side the Hellcat comes to mind as the ultimate killer. The Tiger of the fast tracks. Although historical and killable by the 50mm on the Puma, I would definately restict its use in this scenario.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

My question though is in a fight of recon units, how many ostwinds are going to be mixing it up? Was it common to throw Ostwind flakpanzer platoons out as recon elements? I think Tom's question involves a tussle of recon forces, not just 37 armed vehicles.

Of course, on the American side the Hellcat comes to mind as the ultimate killer. The Tiger of the fast tracks. Although historical and killable by the 50mm on the Puma, I would definately restict its use in this scenario. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many Ostwinds were actually produced ? More than 100 ? The impression I have is that they were as rare as hens teeth and on that basis would have absolutely no role in recon.

How many Pumas ? I thought they were also pretty damn rare.

I also propose a rule of 20's, as well as a rule of Rifles, SMGs and Grenades. For the ultimate challenge, requiring the upmost honor, there is the rule of Pistols. Each player positions his crew at 10m facing away, then after counting to 15 they turn and fire at will with their sidearms. I'm sure this will blow away the CM crowd, the possibilities are endless. biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Degrees of Frost:

How many Pumas ? I thought they were also pretty damn rare.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can not locate the source, but I do remember the number that it stats. It was 101 Pumas.

I've also read that the germans mounted the 75L48 on the 234 chassis, but I don't now how many were produced or if they saw any combat at all.