rescue attempt

Excuse me. this question was posted on the closed thread. (no I'm not going there. smile.gif)

Someone ask if they could design a rescue operation. I'd like to offer this suggestion/question.

I believe you could start the scenario with some half-squads cut off by the enemy and either panicked or broke. Your job would be to get a HQ unit to them, increase their moral and then get them back. Instead of victory locations, award points for units that safely exited a designated board edge.

well thats my suggestion. My question (to the testers) Is this possible?

thanks in advance

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Actually, I have done that, though not by design.

I was playing LD the other day and was doing very well. The Germans were massing on the US left (I was the US) and had all the armor in the center on the road when the TD's arrived. ALL the German armor was killed in two turns, with the loss of one TD.

The German infantry still came on along the left side in the woods...I had one platoon holding there and it was doing quite well but I did re-enforce it with one squad from the TD group. biggrin.gif

On the US right side I had the Germans well covered and began a counter attack at about turn 20 or so. This lead to one squad getting cutoff near that little flagged house on the right side. They did panic frown.gif but couldnt run far. I sent along their Platoon Leader and one squad to support them.

After a few turns they were back in the fight and holding agsainst a German counter-attack...which failed. cool.gif

Interestingly, I had THREE rifle squads panic during the entire game...ultimately they all returned to the action, but I had never had that many freak out before. Luckily my troop dispositions were sufficient to hold the line. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by ARCHANGEL (edited 05-03-2000).]

Lorak,

Yes, that sounds like an excellent scenario. Some squads may self rally prior to the HQ's arrival (depending on their quality) but that is realistic too. And the Exit VP's are the way to go. You can also restrict the units that could score Exit VP's to the rescuees to "encourage" their survival vs that of the rescuers...

Cheers,

Chris

CM Beta Team -all normal disclaimers apply-