can't get golddemo to run

I have been trying to get this thing to work since I downloaded the day it came out.My problem is when I hit the play demo icon I get a screen that looks like it belongs in a rainbow.I can make out shapes but that is about it.When I hit the exit button[on the game screen]for a brief micro second I see what the screen should look like.I have the latest directx.My system is a amd6 2-333 with 64mem.But only a 8mb video card.One other thing,I downloaded the new movie and it runs fine.Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like a video driver problem (assuming the install went correctly). Do you have problems playing any other Windows games ?

We will need more info on the video card that you have (which you should be able to find from Control Panels - System - Device Manager tab - Display adapter). In Device Manager you can also find out which driver version you have by clicking on the Properties button while you have the display adapter highlighted (the actual name/driver of your card), then go to the Driver tab and press the Driver File Details button (depending on what version of Windows you have). As the drivers are highlighted the "File Version" info will be updated (ignore the vmm32 entry - it will correspond to your Windows version).

Anyway, what it comes down to is that we would probably recommend that you update your video drivers (though this doesn't always fix the problem and, conversely, MAY create other problems). You can respond back to this thread with the info that you have and we can tell you where to find the latest updates.

Another thing to try is to change your resolution and color depth (which can be done from the Display Control panel). With certain cards some people have found that lower resolutions allows them to play.

Thanks,Schrullenhaft for replying.I hope I got the right things you are looking for.Anyways here is what I found outMy display driver is a gfx.vxd.The driver version is 4.10.01.2029-980829.The video bus version is 230.My directx is 4.07.00.0700.If there is anything I missed please let me know.