The most idiotic and gamey scenario ever made!!!!!

And I made it. smile.gif

It's called the "West front!"

Yeah, that's right, the whole west front.

On the east end is Poland, on the west end the normandy.

I painstakingly recreated the whole war into a one convenient 40 turn scenario.

Beginning from invasion of poland, through normandy landing, right

through to the unavoidable collapse of the reich.

Took me well over an hour too.. biggrin.gif

Sure, not every little detail is correct, like the shape of europe.

Sure, it looks awful and plays even worse.

But hey, when was the last time you saw a scenario with:

Wittman, Patton, Rommel, Guderian, Montgomery and yes, Hitler himself! biggrin.gif

Anyhoo, just thought to inform you all that the record in idiocy is mine!

------------------

Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

I created a battle for the university where went to Grad School. Planted a victory flag right square in the admin building. Great fun obliterating Student Union building biggrin.gif

Your scenario DOES take the cake, however!

------------------

"Gun damaged are rare on Shermans because they die like red shirts on Star Trek" - Slapdragon

I made my neighborhood area. A 1500m x 1500m map. Used a topo map off the internet to do it. However it was at least ten years old and the terrain it showed was way out of date, mainly because a new four-lane highway has come through and the land has changed quite a bit because of it. Whole tree lines and woods have dissappeared due to the new highway.

------------------

All that sleeps, awakens...

All that awakens, hungers...

All that hungers, feeds...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

I made my neighborhood area. A 1500m x 1500m map. Used a topo map off the internet to do it. However it was at least ten years old and the terrain it showed was way out of date, mainly because a new four-lane highway has come through and the land has changed quite a bit because of it. Whole tree lines and woods have dissappeared due to the new highway.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just make it a "Nato -vs- Warsaw Pact" 80's type scenario.

------------------

--

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" - G.W. Bush, January 2000

I'd like to add my scenario, "The Battle for Prime Time" as a contender for the most idiotic and gamey scenario ever made. Mexican rebels attempt to take over the local TV station to broadcast a "freedom message" on CNN. Probably the best thing about it is the briefing, but it's also funny to see all those conscript and green troops trying to take out halftracks and light tanks. Weird victory conditions too. It's on Madmatt's site if you want to take a look.

DeanCo--