Thursday Night Update on CMHQ

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

TEXTURES! GET YOUR NEW WINTER TEXTURES HERE!

Thats right, thanks to the submissions we now have some new Winterized Marder II, SPW 251/2 SPW 251/9 and SPW 251/16 are all available in out new 3rd Party Mods Section!

The Spotting Reports link table was also updated with the most recent Combat Mission Reviews and News across the web.

Get moving and get those new textures!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

========================================

Notice:If you do not want to hear wussy Mac Whining, skip this post

=========================================

Sigh....are we forever condemned to stand outside and having our faces pressed to the glass? frown.gif

Is there anyway we run of the mill mac users can convert the .bmp so we can partake of the good life rather than depending on the generousity of others?

Please sir may I have some more pudding?

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 07-06-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Umm, and the MDMP-Mac isnt enough to keep you occupied?

I know, I will just divert ALL MY FREAKING TIME TO CONVERTING OTHER PEOPLES WORK TO BE MAC HAPPY! How is that?

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

I know, I will just divert ALL MY FREAKING TIME TO CONVERTING OTHER PEOPLES WORK TO BE MAC HAPPY! How is that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why matt that is so generous of you. Hear that guys, Matt will take care of us always wink.gif

Actually for anyone w/ the knowledge (other than Matt) perhaps you can clue us in. Not that we aren't grateful, But we want to stand on our own, at least as long as the guvammit subsidy last biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 07-06-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Truthfully, while I fully intend on supporting Mac's for now on with future releases of the MDMP's, it would take too much time to convert the 3rd party stuff that I will be posting. I actually have two dedicated guys hammering out the conversions already and I can tell that they feel overworked!

DAMN Mac people, who knew you had to FEED them!

SLACKERS! GET TO WORK!

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

For those of us who think a Mac is usually preceeded by the word Big, what type of graphics file is being used for the Mac version of the program if not BMP? It should be a fairly straightforward thing if the file type something standard. For example, I have a shareware program that can batch convert graphics files, but of course they have to be a fairly standard type.

------------------

wako

"All models are wrong - some are useful.'' - George E.P. Box

Check out my CM webpage at http://ccpirate.webjump.com

They're just PICTs. ALl you need to do is convert from BMP to PICT, open up your new PICT, copy it, and paste it into the correct resource file with ResEdit. Now, if you're doing a ton of conversions, it'll take a while.

I really need to ge my lazy a** in gear and write a program to do it automagically...

Any possibility of using graphic converter's batch file conversion ability to change the bmp to a resource which is in the file in versioin 3.9? Very quick and easy, but it doesn't insert the resource into the program. Just another ignorant persons suggestion... KJM

[This message has been edited by kmead (edited 07-07-2000).]