Disembarking

I have gone through the manual and the forums and can't find an answer to this question.

I have a bazooka team embarked on a jeep. When the jeep gets to its end point, I want the team to disembark and move into the woods. Thus I want to plot two separate moves for the bazooka team at once. The first is move by jeep to point X. Once at point X, disemark and move to point Y. Can I do this?

Right now, I am doing this by having the jeep move to its end position. On the next turn, I then have the team disembark and move. What can happen is that the jeep arrives at its end point 10 seconds into the turn. The jeep and team then sits there for the next 50 seconds until the action phase is done. In the next orders phase, I can then disembark the team and move them. Considering how badly I am doing against the computer, I need whatever precious seconds I can get. :)

Thanks.

Let the infantry embark the jeep.

Plot the move for the jeep.

Plot the move for the infantry.

The infantry will remain in the jeep until it stops, whereafter they will proceed to the destination you chose on foot.

It's that simple. smile.gif

Sten

[This message has been edited by Sten (edited 06-28-2000).]

Thanks Sten.

When I plotted the moves, I plotted the jeep move and then tried plotting the team move right afterwards. When I did that, the team said disemabarking so I assumed (mistakenly) that the team would immediately disembark instead of riding the jeep as far as possible then disembarking and moving the remaining distance.

Thanks for your help.

Jerry

Guest Scott Clinton

Just a tip:

It is best when plotting the move for the passanger to plot the FIRST waypoint close to the drop-off point. That way the TacAI is real clear where you want them to jump off. If you just plot thier distination, sometimes they can jump too early or too late.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.