elemnet of surprise

ok not asking for inclusion, but food for 'programming' thought...down the road -or not at all if its too "out there".

i've read about 20 of the messages under a search for 'surprise' nothing matched my idea:

so here goes.

side "A" regulars, has 10 men (units what-ever) in a treeline opposing side "B" across an open space, also in a woodline. side "B" is green and at 20 strength. feeling like they have the upper hand in an exchange of small arm fire.

1st this QUESTION: does the morale get affected of either side?

continuing now, suddenly from the left of side "A" position comes an assault of additional 100 size "A" across the field directly at "B" position~

2nd Question: does the morale get affected of either side?

if not....how hard would it be to have it so?

the reasoning is to pick up an old thread of C&C of units having information, that "YOU" wouldn't know, or at least other units nearby might not, and therefore "YOU" as command wouldn't be sending reinforcemnets over.

if the units suffer a morale loss due to a local "surprise" (and they could have different grades of surprise -armor support doubling the effect?- "YOU" having knowledge can do something, but you're units still suffer an affect you CANNOT control.

ok, helmet on, in my foxhole with overhead cover...let your barrage begin smile.gif

There is the general morale level, that being the one you see at the bottom of your screen. However, what you are talking about has been taken care of by BTS. If a unit is being fired on by multiple units in different locations (In front, to your left and behind for example) then their morale suffers (as they are surrounded, or outgunned and aren't feeling too keen).

hey Thnaks Capt M!

see being dexlectic i sometimes do that...but its always nice to have the little errors pointed out to me so i can feel really good about myself in public...

Major Tom-

ahhh thank you. rational minds DO exist. both your answer and the BTS team.

HB-

thanks fo rwatching my '6'

smile.gif

hey Capt M...i was kidding about the dexlectic part...well actually about the whole paragraph, cause sometimes i type too fsat and when i'm tired i just want to get my idea down, and i hardly ever proof it before upload. do you? anyway, you're probably a good kid with good intentions, so keep a look out for my spelling errors ( at least it'll raise your message count) hahaahaa