What is the right advantage for the attacker in DYO?

Someone hinted at this on another thread, but is the attacker given more points than the defender in a DYO? Reason I ask, I have been getting slammed pretty good in a number of DYO PBEMs'. Now I know that I suck pretty bad, but I am always the Germans defending and my opponenet is the British attacking. He seems to have armour coming out the wazoo. I get about three guns and a Panther, plus a smattering of troops. In additon to about three tanks (Firefly, Churchill etc) he gets scout cars, carriers, armoured cars and what seems like a zillion troops. So if we are playing an 800 point game, does the attacker get more than that, more for his buck, or is it really even and I am just that bad?

BTW, what do you mean when you say Assault is unbalanced? Am I right in thinking that an assualt just requires the attacker to get across the map as fast as possible?

Ober

------------------

"Them Yankees couldn't hit the broa..."

The attacker gets more points to spend, and the ratio between attacker and defender is determined by whether the DYO is an assault or advance mission. I do not recall the exact ratios, however. It's up to 2.0, I think.

So if you've been defending with 800, he's been smacking you around with 1600 or so. smile.gif

I think the unbalanced comment by Fionn simply referred to that that Assaults get twice the points to spend, making the defenders job just a >little< difficult.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soliloquy:

So if you've been defending with 800, he's been smacking you around with 1600 or so. smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Soliloquy,

My confidence was taking quite a battering, especially as I see him making some tactical errors. I just seem to run out of stuff before he does. I stopped him once, but other times things start to unravel once my "main" pieces get knocked out.

I'll try being the attacker next time, just to confirm I really am as bad at this as I appear. :^)

Ober

------------------

"Them Yankees couldn't hit the broa..."