Gyrostabilisers

I understand that some early war Soviet vehicles used a stabilised sighting system (I think on some their BT7A's). Will the effects (?) of this be included in CM2? Not sure how it would be quantified. Anyone have any more info on these (mine comes from some of Zaloga's articles).

Were the US gyrostabilisers all deemed disabled in CM? I did the search but I did not find a firm conclusion.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

all US gyrostabiliser-equipped tanks are presumed to have them on and working in CM<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Osprey Military New Vanguard Title, "Sherman : Medium Tank, 1942-45", has an interesting passage on the use of gyro-stabilisers:

"...most veterans claiming it was worthless, and was generally left turned off... Some tankers who had better luck with it insist that it was rarely used because it took care to keep it in adjustment and thorough training to use properly. As a result, most firing was done from a halt."

I wonder whether that's the acccepted historical view on their use..?

Guest Big Time Software

We considered the gyros to be "partly" on. By this I mean that we give all Shermans, Stuarts, Pershings a bonus for firing on the move, but it's considerably less of a bonus that one would expect from the gyros under lab test conditions. This is to simulate that the gyro was often shut off, or being used by insufficiently trained crews.

Charles