Talk about hideously crappy timing...

As luck would have it, Earth 2150 is coming the American retail on June 2nd. I have been excited about this game for about 4 months, although I have not successfully downloaded the demo yet. Of course, Combat Mission, my Game of All Games, will probably ship the same week. Poor Earth 2150. I wonder if it is any good.

Hey, can any of our German buddies tell me there feelings on this game?

Jonathan

"We've got to get out of here before one of those things kills Guy!" Galaxy Quest

I've been an rts fan since C&C days.

I d/l the demo of E2150.

The graphics are very good and the day/night cycle is sweet.

But once agian I find its another dumbed down, mass marketed game. The resource management is a joke and I can see it ending up as another "build 20 tanks as fast as possable and run them at the enemy game".

Don't get me wrong, I used to love this type of tactic, and I was kick ass at it in Red Alert (got into top 10 on Case's Ladder) but it's all got so old that most rts games fail to hold my interest for very long these days. Even with flash wizz bang graphics.

The only rts I've enjoyed in recent times has been warzone 2100. Again it had poor resource management but great camera controls and unit balance/types.

E2150 is what C&C2 was supposed to be.

It has many great features, but as in most rts games, they won't be utilized in multi-player games. True tunnels, actual terrain deformation, etc. are wonderful, but I fear the 'tank rushers' won't be giving you the time to employ all these special features.

If they implement a decent single-player game (my main interest) or a particularly smart AI (which didn't exactly impress me in the demo) for skirmishes, I'll likely buy it. I'm going to wait for reviews and such before I decide, though.