I have Q's about Patches, Mods, etc....

When my CM arrives in the mail, could I just download the latest patch CMHQ or do I have to go through the beta 24 etc??? Also, how do I make my own mods? Do I need some specialized programs? If so, which one? Also, are there any mods that are recommended? I've been looking at Klumps pages, and I'm pretty sure that I'll be downloading something from over there! Also, I know this may sound kind of dumb, but... When I download mods, does that just over-write the files? I'm just guessing, anyways, any answers to any of the above will really help, thanks!

Dave

PS If you have any other suggestions, or ideas, about patches and mods and any bugs,...please let me know... I have although gotten a good idea just from reading everything on the forum...anyways, Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Capt Canuck (edited 12-30-2000).]

Guest MantaRay

Hi Capt, (Havent said that in a few years wink.gif)

Welcome aboard soon. You will need the 1.05, as this is the latest non-beta patch to come along. There is also the 1.24 Public Beta patch, which you will need to play TCP/IP games, but if you don't care about Net play, wait for the final 1.1 patch to come out soon.

The only modifications people can do are with the bmp files. Changing pictures requires quite a lot of skill that was only given to me in the form of stick figures, but I do know that PC's have programs such as Paint (included in 9x+), Photoshop, and Paintshop Pro.

And Kump has made a few good ones, and the CMHQ has literly 100's to choose from, and my site has a great individual unit flag mod done by Klink.

There are so many to choose from, and sadly they do overwrite each other, but never fear, there is a mod manager to make sense of it all....get that at the CMHQ also.

And one suggestion is when you open your package from BTS, and only see a booklet with no CD.....don't worry. Open the shrinkwrap and you will find that golden piece of silicon located within the pages. I know I almost knocked out the mailman when I couldnt find the CD, and turning the package upside down and sticking your face in will not do any good until you unwrap the manual. smile.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder