Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Equipment Quality Non-existent?

Just a random question that I am struggling to answer on my own.

In CMBS does changing the equipment quality actually do anything? I did some comparisons between units and there seems to be no difference between poor and excellent, at least on the Ukrainian units I tested. Is there anywhere I can get some more information from?

26 minutes ago, ArmouredTopHat said:

Just a random question that I am struggling to answer on my own.

In CMBS does changing the equipment quality actually do anything? I did some comparisons between units and there seems to be no difference between poor and excellent, at least on the Ukrainian units I tested. Is there anywhere I can get some more information from?

From the manual of course. It might not do much or anything in cmbs, but in the world war 2 titles it can easily change 50% of a squads weapon composition

16 minutes ago, Artkin said:

From the manual of course. It might not do much or anything in cmbs, but in the world war 2 titles it can easily change 50% of a squads weapon composition

I am aware that it does a lot in the Second World War titles, I was just curious if it did anything in CMBS since it did not seem to vary the composition of squads I tested one bit, not even variation in RPG / disposable AT. 

The black sea manual does not contain anything regarding the equipment tab from what I saw. The main manual does but its pretty basic. I had to lookup forum posts just to find out how the tab worked properly. 

In CMBS the unit quality will give you better networking and coms.

this equates to more PDA and the ability to share targets in the network.   Constellation/Glonass for the Russians and GPS/FBCB for US.

There may also be differences in the quality or amount of Radios, optics, IR,NVG and more advanced ATGM’s and vehicles in formations. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ALBY said:

Just re-read your original post and you would notice less difference with Ukrainians as they don’t have any battle networks. 

Do the Ukrainian forces benefit from equipment quality in any respect?

Thank you for the answer btw!

Edited by ArmouredTopHat

if U choose excellent, you will get the best weapons and kit they have to offer.  you will get corsar and skif rather than old soviet atgm, better vehicles, maybe APS on oplots and so forth.  you can also change different equipment once you've selected a formation.