Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Als die Amerikaner kamen

Gents, the other day I found this documentary about the last weeks of the war in Westfalia. Basically from crossing the Rhine to closing the Ruhr pocket at Lippstadt. So, perfect for a not yet covered aspect of Downfall.

The docu is based on pictures and films taken by the US Signal Corps and narrated in German. It has been produced by the Landschaftsverband Westfalen Lippe, a public organization, tasked to suport communities in public welfare, social, education and health topics. So, it is certainly a serious documentary.

Though the docu is obviously quite general and "high level", I found it quite interesting in many details. Having some structural engineering background, I liked the sequence with the pre-assembled modules used for temporary bridges. I´ve never seen those before.
And, of course, the "look" of buildings and countryside in the area should be helpful for modding.

You can find the movie on YouTube, in eleven 5-minute clips, or get the whole thing here:

https://westfalen-medien-shop.lwl.org/dvds/93/dvd-als-die-amerikaner-kamen?c=8

The LWL sells the docu on DVD for little money, but also offers a free download option. One needs to register, though.