Small Bug - Warning To People Playing Ops!

This is probably one for Charles. I noticed something strange when moving from battle 3 to battle 4 of the Carentan operation.

I had a platoon loaded on their vehicles at the end of battle 3 and it appears that they disappeared off the map at the beginning of battle 4 even though the trucks were still there (but no passengers) (they were Crack and Vets too - damn).

I routinely use the + key to cycle through all my units at the beginning of a battle to take some notes and to jot down casualty levels for the various platoons. The platoon that warped off the board was H. After I cycled through G platoon the window was pointing at a spot off the map with nothing there and the unit display in the bottom left corner was blank. When I hit '+' again it went back to A0. I was unable to cycle through the vanished platoon and examine a whole bunch of mnew reinforcements that have just come on.

Anyways, if BTS would like to check it out, I have a saved game from the last turn of battle 3 as well as a save from the setup of battle 4.

It might be a good idea to not leave units mounted on vehicles at the end of an operation battle for the time being.

p.

I love self-repairing software! smile.gif

I've been fooling around with it for a while and it's a bit of a false alarm. If you ever have guys embarked at the end of an op. and they appear to vanish at the beginning of the next battle, just place the vehicle somewhere else and they'll come back.

Still something funny going on under the hood, but at least I got my crack troops back. Now off to kick some butt with them.

p.