New Combat Mission Ladder

The Blitzkrieg Wargaming Club has recently added a Combat Mission Ladder. Newcomers will start out in the Boot Camp section and be added to the regular CM Ladder after completion of one game.

The Blitzkrieg Wargaming Club features quality custom scenarios, AARs, active message boards, tournaments, articles on tactics/strategy, news, chat rooms, and ladders for the following games: Combat Mission, the Campaign Series, TOAW, TOAW2, Steel Panthers, and the Battleground series.

The CM Ladder has just started, but if it grows anything like our CS Ladder, it could turn out to be one of the best on the WWW. Check it out at http://www.theblitz.org

Don Panzertruppen Maddox

Combat Mission Deputy Custodian

[This message has been edited by Panzertruppen (edited 09-24-2000).]

Very cool!

As a proud member of two ladders, I wish I could find one ladder to transfer into that had all the best players and whose server worked. Unfortunately, you always start as a cadet again, so it is not worth building patiently back up again so you can fight the whole gage.

------------------

-----------------------------------------

Submit your article to: www.slapdragon.org/midnight

----------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

To all the new members who recently registered - welcome to the Blitz! The Combat Mission Boot Camp section is steadily growing so the regular CM Ladder should become quite active within a week or two.

If you haven't yet checked out the Blitz, be sure to drop by and take a look.

Don Panzertruppen Maddox

CM Deputy Custodian www.theblitz.org

One ladder, two ladders, three ladders, four...

Sure, why not. Nice site Don. Glad to see you's guys added CM. Ya done tha right thing.

smile.gif

I just registered. Say, when might we see a CM tourney?

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 10-04-2000).]

OK Don, I know not what I've just gotten myself into, but I'm now a member. I look forward to getting my ass whipped by someone. smile.gif

My questions are:

1. Does it matter what type of scenario (I'm guessing all QB, all meeting engagements - just to make it fair)?

2. If not, do you get special bonuses for winning a combined arms action playing as the US in defense of an assault (IMO, the most difficult type of QB to win).

That's it for now. Maybe that info is already on theblitz, but I didn't find it in my 30 minutes of perusing your site. Thanks again Don.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

OK, went and read the scoring system. I'm not clear when it comes to QB. There is an attacker handicap bonus (HC), but if it's a meeting engagement, I guess the HC is 0? Otherwise, if it's an attack and we choose standard forces (attacker gets 4800 pts, defender gets 3000 pts in a 3000 pt QB), does this mean the attacker gets +2 HC? That doesn't seem right. What am I missing?

------------------

Jeff Abbott