Moire Pattern?

I recently upgraded hardware.  I noticed a moire pattern; vibrating moving textured on one of my brown ground dirt textures.  I thought such things only appeared on CRTs, and I have not seen one for 15 years.  (using an LCD TV)  It looks like undulating waves.  Fortunately, it seems to be just that particular texture.

Does anyone know of an NVidia (RTX 4090) that gets rid of this?

Thanks!

On 7/23/2023 at 5:01 AM, markshot said:

Does anyone know of an NVidia (RTX 4090) that gets rid of this?

I've just got an RTX 4060, not noticed any 'vibrating patterns' yet.  I have the time-honoured stationary patterns of course, kinda like ploughed fields...

2 hours ago, Codreanu said:

I notice it on agricultural fields but I'm pretty sure it's a universal issue that's always been there. There are texture replacement mods that help fix it too.

Can you recommend some?  I got rid of all CM mods as with so many titles, it became more problematic than in the CMBO days.

---

Actually, if I recall, from CRT days, such patterns were not the card, but the graphic and display device characteristics.  After some testing, this turns out to very rare for CM titles.  It was probably always there, and simply noticed.  Further, I noticed that it can be avoided by changing the viewing angle.  Back in the CRT days such was often not an option with games.

As I am using a 1080p TV mainly to get large text in all games, the technical approach would be to look for settings that could be assigned to a user mode which eliminate this.  For the moment, its not such an issue to play with display settings.

3 hours ago, Vacillator said:

I've just got an RTX 4060, not noticed any 'vibrating patterns' yet.  I have the time-honoured stationary patterns of course, kinda like ploughed fields...

The scenario in particular is ... CW Surrender Invites Death (CMBN).  I just chose the largest scenario I could find ...

I did both synthetic and real game benchmarks before switching from the 2015 to the 2023 build to measure the impact of the money I had spent.

What I like best is turn computation speed, and redraws of the battlefield are blazing fast after flipping out to the desktop and back.  Load times really improved from SATA3 SSD to 4 lanes to the i9-13900KS direct from the M.2 SSD on the mobo.

Edited by markshot
more info