Alternative to a Roster

There's been quite a bt of talk lately about including a clickable roster like that in Close Combat. (otherwise I wouldn't be starting this thread)

I don't really like the idea about a "CC roster" as I regard it to be a little gamey, but I can certainly understand people's desire for one. After all, in some of the larger scenarios it can be hard to remember who/where all your forces are. Therefore, I would suggest a compromise.

Include a (non-clickable) roster that is no more detailed than the information you would normally see in the sceanrio editor or QB force picker. (3 x Rifle '44 platoons, 1 x Co HQ, 1x M4A3, etc.)

This way, you get a fairly comprehensive overview of the forces at your disposal (which any WWII commander would normally have). If you forget about some platoon's 2" mortar that got left behind in some corner of the map, that's on you. I have done something like this on paper a couple of times and found it useful. In the meantime I would like to ask all scenario designers to include some text to this effect in the mission briefings (most already do).

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)