Apoplectic with frustration.

Luger

American Campaign scenario ends with 1 tow vehicle that ran out of ammo,the other one ammo but tow launcher destroyed.....next scenario starts and they deploy as they were cant cross deck the ammo from one to tuther etc......its mind numbingly frustrating and with all of the other issues made me fantasise about throttling the developing team......glitch city.....NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOLKS!!!!!!!!!

Well some of on the development team might take a throttling personally, we do have feelings.  So what is happening here is that the US Campaign has limited refit/resupply throughout because, WW3.  The 28th is under really heavy assault and having pristine vehicles lined up like horse guards for the next battle is not realistic.  So this is not a “glitch”, it is built in on purpose.

So damage and limited resupply is in effect.  Now as to cross loading ammo.  Simply not an in-game feature for major weapon systems.  It would be realistic to rebalance ammo but really it is a bit of a dice roll right now and you appear to have come up with a natural “1”.  This is an abstraction of all the messed up stuff that happens in warfare.  Clausewitz called it “friction” and wargamers are notoriously skittish on the idea. Considering a lot of wargames are being a god and micromanaging large forces like a chess game (and if that is something you like, hey go for it) a lot of chaotic friction can really drive them nuts.  But it is entirely realistic.  You would not believe the stupid human errors that happen in combat - human beings in that situation tend to go that way.

So good commanders basically “deal” and keep trying to make lemonade.  I get if this is not your personal thing and frankly Cold War is on the spicier end of difficulty - if the US Campaign is making you this angry, you may want to wait a bit before trying the Soviet one.

CM is not a nice hex turn based affair.  Nor is it a fast and loose shiny RTS.  It is likely one of the most realistic combat simulators for Company to Battalion operations.  It is so hardcore that at least one western military uses it for training.  But is it fun for everyone, not always.

On 4/11/2023 at 10:05 AM, Luger said:

American Campaign scenario ends with 1 tow vehicle that ran out of ammo,the other one ammo but tow launcher destroyed.....next scenario starts and they deploy as they were cant cross deck the ammo from one to tuther etc......its mind numbingly frustrating and with all of the other issues made me fantasise about throttling the developing team......glitch city.....NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOLKS!!!!!!!!!

I can see how this is frustrating. It is an engine limitation and noone here is going to say that the engine couldn't do with a few upgrades here and there. The "engine 5 wishlist thread" attests to that. On the other hand it's easy to concentrate on what doesn't work instead of what actually works. There are so many interesting wargames out there that I don't touch because they don't have campaigns at all. And there are even more that have campaigns that are just single scenarios played in sequence. With no branching, no persistent forces, ammo, repairs etc.