Schultzy checking back in

Greetings all,

SgtSchultz here. Lost my original email address, so had to make a new account. Been gone so long that many may not know or remember me. Was here back in the CMBO original days. Mad Mike and the other OG folks were here back then. Over 800 posts with my old handle. Map and scenario maker. Discoverer of how to create swamps, and a few other editor tricks.  Designer of the old "Clash of the Titans" tourney, and a prolific PBEM player. Anyone out there remember me? Been gone for the internet equivalent of a geologic age.  😉

Since I cannot seem to locate the hard drive that contained the game and my files, I must begin again. This may take a while, but I am on a "mission" if you will forgive the pun. 😏

Of the maps and scenarios that I made, have only been able to locate one.  "A Morning Run" has apparently been appropriated by someone named "Bootie".  Naughty boy. 😉 While I appreciate keeping it out there, credit should have been given. No biggie, but someone is owed twenty lashes with a wet trout. Hehe

Want to know if any of my old buds are still out there.  Sublime, you owe me a few turns. 😂 I miss my old testing buddy. 

It may take a while once I acquire a new comp, copies of game, as well as my mod collection... but like McArthur I Shall Return!

May Your Artillery Never Fall Short, (proof that is really me lol)

Schultzy 

6 hours ago, Sargeant Schultz said:

Of the maps and scenarios that I made, have only been able to locate one.  "A Morning Run" has apparently been appropriated by someone named "Bootie".  Naughty boy. 😉 While I appreciate keeping it out there, credit should have been given. No biggie, but someone is owed twenty lashes with a wet trout.

Hi, and welcome back!

Calling Bootie a naughty boy is really harsh, as he's the guy who uploaded all the former's repository stuff once this went down. Which means he saved your stuff from oblivion! The signature on the FGM repository is the uploader's, not the author's. No appropriation intended here.

My bad.  Same map but my scenario H2H Valley of the Shadow.  Mental midget moment.   61 years old and these things happen.    

The scenario depot III.  

A morning run was Germans and Amis both at far end staring at each other across the river, and racing to the village.  It rewarded players who used smoke and the wind to screen open field movement.  

Valley of the Shadow is for a pair of regular opponents. You will scratch your head and hope that the fields don't hold death, and the length of the mao doesn't conceal a keyholed German ATG

Edited by Sargeant Schultz

Oh, BTW.  My old handle was Sgt Schultz.  Two words not one.  Still going through my old posts.

If anyone can point me to places where scenarios and maps may be located, I would greatly appreciate it.  Spent many hours/days/weeks on those maps. Adjusting elevation tiles to eliminate those "dimples" and "pyramids" took a long time.  Smoothing out terrain and placing trees and structures to get lines of sight and keyholes was a labor of love.

Accidentally discovering how to create swamps and tiny creeks was a truly joyful experience.  The process is explained in one of my old posts for map makers out there.