Maximum map size and height?

• 2 weeks later...

MAP AREA:

4256 m x 4256 m is one example of maximum map size but I suspect that it depends on the total number of 8 x 8 m squares. The sample here is 532 squares x 532 squares. Total number of squares = 283,024.

Maximum size in one direction = 8000 m x 2288 m (1000 squares x 286 squares or total 286,000 squares.

To achieve maximum map size it is important to expand the map area equally in both directions from your starting point.

MAP ELEVATION:

A few months back I created a 4 km x 4 km mountain map for Monte Difensa that has an elevation range from 120 to 950 m above sea level. The maximum height possible is 999 m.

You should think of the 999 m height as a differential or range and not as an absolute 'above sea level' which I incorrectly suggested in the preceding post. For example, if you wanted to create a mountain at 1500 m above sea level the lowest you could go would be (1500 - 999) or 501 m above sea level. On your map '0' would represent 501 m above sea level and 999 would represent 1500 m above sea level.