German Squad Tactics WWII

Guest AlfieE

I realise that mention of M. Gajkowski's (1995) 'German Squad Tactics in WWII' (ISBN 1-58454-029-4) has been made before in these esteemed pages, but I've just received a copy and I can highly recommend it to virtual wargamers as well as the tabletop kind.

I've noticed a fair few people asking about sourcing manuals on tactics, something I've been interested in over the last few years. What's nice about this softbound book is that its a translation by the US (?) Military Intelligence Service (Jan. 1943) of an undisclosed German handbook designed to aid in squad training.

Topics include: 'The Squad in Offensive Combat', 'The Squad on the defensive', 'Conduct in the presence of tanks' and Penetration of the MLR' to name but a few.

If anyone's interested, I'd be happy to transcribe answers to any questions covered in the manual. I believe the battlefront moderator has two copies of this publication, so get one if you can. I've got mine from Hersants: Military Booksellers here in the UK (www.herbooks.dircon.co.uk). There's also a very good bibliography in there as well.

All the best - Alfie.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Duquette:

..I'm an ugly american...do you know if these folks take overseas orders?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did a credit card order a couple of hours ago. It seemed to go without a hitch.

Go down to your local Technical Bookshop in any country and it'll be there along with alot of others.

------------------

" I swear by God this sacred oath, that I will give unlimited obedience to the Leader of the German Reich and People, Adolph Hitler, and as a brave soldier will be ready to stake me life for this oath any time."

The German soldier's oath, valid as of August 2, 1934.