AT mines and weights

The other day I was playing a mission in CMFB and I sent a M8 Greyhound  followed by a M3  halftrack  and a MG jeep to do some recce. At a certain point the M3 was destroyed by an AT mine that, curiously enough,  wasn't triggered by the M8 that was leading the party. As far as I'm concern, AT mines fusses were designed to explode under certain amount of pressure/weight and I don't know if that issue is accurately modeled in CM games. The Greyhound weights 7,9 tones and the M3  halftrack between 8,01  and 8, 357 t (it wasn't fully loaded, just the crew). Did this made the difference?

I suspect it is just a random game effect. By that I mean, that one vehicle happend to drive over a mine and the other vehicle missed, maybe 'just missed' driving over a mine. Don't worry too much about the weight. 

An example: In one of my scenarios there is an A/Tk mine in the middle of the road. A PzKw III drives a long the road. Eight times out of ten it sets off the mine and the other two times it does not. If we recall that a CM active map area = 8 m x 8 m and that one mine icon represents a cluster,  who  knows exactly where the pioneers laid them? Thus a random factor. Very similar to a miniatures game. Vehicle drives over a minefield and a die is rolled to see if it 'hits'.

13 minutes ago, arpella72 said:

The other day I was playing a mission in CMFB and I sent a M8 Greyhound  followed by a M3  halftrack  and a MG jeep to do some recce. At a certain point the M3 was destroyed by an AT mine that, curiously enough,  wasn't triggered by the M8 that was leading the party. As far as I'm concern, AT mines fusses were designed to explode under certain amount of pressure/weight and I don't know if that issue is accurately modeled in CM games. The Greyhound weights 7,9 tones and the M3  halftrack between 8,01  and 8, 357 t (it wasn't fully loaded, just the crew). Did this made the difference?

Edited by WimO