18 x 12 Km MAP- Scale 1:1

Aj,

I just designed 9 maps (each of 6x4 Km), making one continuous map of 18x12 Km. Making the whole area, a total of 216 Km2 playable.

Each one of these, linked to the others to the very tiles. They form one single map designed for an operation(a series of op.)I will challenge, and then report in detailed AAR.

I already have the Corps and divisional briefings. The narrative purpose, and precise OOB for all units involved. (Experience, fitness, even portraits...). For both camps. I have also created a full-set of rules to make it readable from the outside if anyone have interest on it. But I will create another dedicated thread in a few days when the operation starts.

Of course the maps are topographic, and the result is realistic. For comparison; the real Operation Südwind was fought over 200Km2. The real Operation Frühlingserwachen was fought over more like 400Km2. But in reality, most of it concerned the different Panzer Korps engaged. Reducing the area to the actual size of my map if you focus on the SS, and not in the rear. Elements of 1 & 12 SS managed a brief breakthrough 24Km in depth, but the very most of the operation hold in a 18x12 area.

Picture 1: THE MAP.

I will post others infos right now, but first...I'm requesting help from the CM Community.

WILL SOMEONE ? LIKE A VETERAN ? EXPERIENCED-SUPERIOR THINKER ? WILL SOMEONE STEP UP AND AGREE TO BUILD ME A REALISTIC SOVIET PAKFRONT ? SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTAND WELL THE MECHANISM OF DEFENSE IN DEPTH AND ECHELONED LINE OF DEFENSE ?

I will manage the Axis forces. What I need is someone I could send my maps. I will join the AT Guns, trenches, and set of AT / AP mines allowed to cover the area. If this someone is ready to do so, then, he'll have to organize a coherent networks of nest and fortifications with the idea to hold an armored operation. 🙂

To handle the AI on defense, this I can. To handle a 3, 4 times superior AI counter-attacking, this I can. To let the AI set-up their own defenses...I can't. By doing it myself, it will spoil the conclusion on battlefield.

well, now the pictures. thanks a lot

9-maps.png