CMMC question

I brought this question up before for a different reason but Steve brought up a good point that in a campaign game (like CMMC) you will not want to through away any men if you could pull them out. Right?

If you win the field of battle, no question on MG crews down to 1 man for they become immobilized and they will come back (some how) for the next battle.

If you lose the field of battle will you also loose if any MG crews that are down to 1 man?

I guess the answer will be he becomes a prisoner of war. I hope not.

In CM2 can MGs down to 1 man be helped (if only to move them) by extra crews or crews that lost their gun or mortar men who used up their rounds?

Guest Germanboy

That is a good point, and I think I read somewhere that MG teams might abandon their weapons if they become immobile. This does not seem to be the case in the Gold Demo however. My memory might be failing me though. Have you tried doing a search?

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Boris,

For logistical reasons we are trying to limit all discussion of CMMC to the email list and keep it out of the forum.

Nevertheless, with the email list experiencing technical problems, we are having trouble conducting discussions and the list is temporarily closed.

So, the short answer to your question on MG recovery is that it will be a random event, subject to our battlefield recovery rules. Sometimes you will recovery the gun, other times it will be lost depending on a whole host of factors, not least of which is chance.

And you are absolutely correct - force preservation will be a decisive factor in success as a CMMC commander. Losing 50%+ of our troops in winning one battle will be a fast way to losing the overall campaign! So practice playing CM with the objective of keeping your troops alive and fighting tomorrow.

James Bailey,

CMMC GM