Chain of command: n, n+1, n+2

Stimo

Gentlemen, I could use some clarification regarding the chain of command.

Below is a screenshot of a situation I would describe like this:
A spearhead section lost its leader.
I brought in the company commander to re-establish some control over the unit.
When I select a squad from the section, its connection to company level remains severed, while it looks like the link to battalion level has been reestablished.

Obviously, there is something from the C&C I don't get.

I have never been in the military, so please forgive my ignorance.
I find it very frustrating that red sections depend on a single individual. Not that I don't acknowledge that it was (is still?) by design, but that makes them very susceptible to being cut from the main force and subject to psychological wear.

How to keep front companies under C&C despite the loss of section leaders?

Or am I making a mistake with keeping leaderless sections on the front line? Should I order them to retreat (under fire) in order to avoid panic?

1.jpg

37 minutes ago, Stimo said:

Gentlemen, I could use some clarification regarding the chain of command.

Below is a screenshot of a situation I would describe like this:
A spearhead section lost its leader.
I brought in the company commander to re-establish some control over the unit.
When I select a squad from the section, its connection to company level remains severed, while it looks like the link to battalion level has been reestablished.

Obviously, there is something from the C&C I don't get.

I have never been in the military, so please forgive my ignorance.
I find it very frustrating that red sections depend on a single individual. Not that I don't acknowledge that it was (is still?) by design, but that makes them very susceptible to being cut from the main force and subject to psychological wear.

How to keep front companies under C&C despite the loss of section leaders?

Or am I making a mistake with keeping leaderless sections on the front line? Should I order them to retreat (under fire) in order to avoid panic?

1.jpg

The squad you selected is actually in C2 (the 'close c2' icon shows). You can give close c2 to units with higher HQs, only need to be close (I think ~50m). But 3rd Platoon HQ is dead so that's why the normal c2 hierarchy still shows up with a red cross.

Edited by Lethaface