Rugged Defense maps

I was just wondering where people get their maps from when they are playing games on Rugged Defense. I've played two games so far and I don't recognise either of them from the "Custom Scenarios" page at the Rugged Defense Website.

I can't imagine that people are random generating them, because the Combat Mission random maps are either very small or extremely wiiiiiide.

------------------

battlefront.com forum: "DO A SEARCH DO A SEARCH DO A SEARCH"

Hi...

For a "single game" battle the maps should be random, if the map generated is not fair to one of the players... generate another. As far as I´m concerned I like large maps, because they give more strategic possibilities...

For a "duel game" battle the map has to be the same, here the players have to previously agree on the map they will play .

João

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M. Bates:

That's surprising, because the Quick Battle maps that CM throws up are either tiny, too wide or too big.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn´t noticed this... but if the maps are too wide or too big, for me that is very good.

Real world battles are not fought in a square. If the map is big enough to deny

the secure flank tatic or keep the enemy from guessing where am I ,then better...

I myself only play in large maps.

João

[This message has been edited by Tanaka (edited 09-20-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

The dimensions of the map are based on the various variable settings. For example, a very wide and shallow map will come up if you have a high point value and nasty weather selected. The reason why is that we found that Quick Battles were anything but if the map was very deep when there was snow on the ground. You could pratically fall asleap before the two sides met up with each other smile.gif

I am playing a QB right now. The map is quite wide and very deep for the number of unit points assigned. Something like 1000m by 1000m and a roughly company sized force defending against roughly 2 companies. I know I feel like my lines are spread thin smile.gif

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The dimensions of the map are based on the various variable settings. For example, a very wide and shallow map will come up if you have a high point value and nasty weather selected.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's interesting, I'll have a go at experimenting. I personally like the square or very "tall" maps for PBEM.